Friday, October 12, 2007

The best things in life...

Sometimes I remember how nice it is to be able to take a day to just sit around the house in cozy fleece p.j. pants, a baggy but soft sweatshirt, and slippers on a cold, rainy day! Today is a rare treat for me. I have actually found the time for once, to be able to sit and relax for the better part of the day. I am in my favorite p.j. pants. I am in my slippers. I am in my soft baggy sweatshirt. It is cold and rainy outside, and I am warm, and cozy inside. Life is just wonderful right now. Yes, I have homework I could be doing. Yes the house is a mess as usual. Yes I could be doing something, but that's not the point! The point is... sometimes, you just need to take that day to just relax!
Just chill out, and realize that there is more to life than flying from one place to another trying to get things done! That day is today! I may knit. I may weave. I may take a nap. Then again, maybe I'll do some of that homework. But the point is.... I will be in nice comfy, cozy p.j.'s and I will have a nice hot cup of green tea with honey in it sitting right next to me. I am going to enjoy this chance, and I hope you all get a chance to do this too! These are some of the best things in life!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens.... that's what your post makes me think of, some of my favorite things. :)